Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Is that a hint?

Lunch finally ends, but Danielle’s clinging continues all the way to her class. She tries to make out with me near a set of lockers, but I make an excuse and bolt to my class. Once Skylar and I started sharing facts about one another, things changed. Not even between us, but within my own self. Especially today. Today of all days, I should be riled up and yelling like everyone else roaming the halls. This is the game of the season. The one that determines who walks away a legend and who walks away a chump.
Instead of being pumped up and focused on the game tonight, I’m worried about Skylar. Her words from this morning have been on my mind more than I’d care to admit. Was she giving me a hint? And why hasn’t she said no to Mr. Chamberlin and Mr. Keegan’s request? It bothers me so much that I decide to take a detour from my sixth period class, and head to my uncle’s room.

Usually I knock on his door and then enter, but this is his free period, so there’s no reason to knock. Walking into his room, I spot him instantly scribbling some stuff on his board behind his desk. “Uncle Brian?”

No comments:

Post a Comment